6. Reske-Nielsen C, Medzon R. Geriatric Trauma. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2016;34(3):483-500.
7. Hashmi A, Ibrahim-Zada I, Rhee P, Aziz H, Fain MJ, Friese RS, et al. Predictors of mortality in geriatric trauma patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014;76 (3):894-901.
8. St Vincents Hospital Melbourne. Prevention of fucntional decline in older hopitalised patients policy. Victoria, Australia. 2016.
9. Department of Health. Identifying Frailty 2015 [Available from: https://www.health.vic.gov.au/patient-care/identifying-frailty.
10. New South Wales Government. Frailty screening and assessment tools 2022 [Available from: https://aci.health.nsw.gov.au/networks/frailty-taskforce/resources/frailty-screening-and-assessment-tools.
11. Kozar R AS, Stein D, et al,. Injury in the aged: Geriatric trauma care at the crossroads. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2015;78(6):1197-209.
12. Appeadu MK, Bordoni B. Falls and Fall Prevention In The Elderly. In: StatPearls. 2022.
13. Pfortmueller CA, Lindner G, Exadaktylos AK. Reducing fall risk in the elderly: risk factors and fall prevention, a systematic review. Minerva Med. 2014;105(4):275-81.
16. Department of Health. Protocol for the clinical handover of ambulance patients in the ED. . In: Victoria. MSG, editor. 2014.
17. Johnson KN, Botros DB, Groban L, Bryan YF. Anatomic and physiopathologic changes affecting the airway of the elderly patient: implications for geriatric-focused airway management. Clin Interv Aging. 2015;10:1925-34.
18. Rao PJ, Phan K, Mobbs RJ, Wilson D, Ball J. Cervical spine immobilization in the elderly population. J Spine Surg. 2016;2(1):41-6.
19. National Health Service. London Major Trauma System: Management of elderly major trauma patients. . London Operational Delivery Network. 2017.
20. Atinga A, Shekkeris A, Fertleman M, Batrick N, Kashef E, Dick E. Trauma in the elderly patient. Br J Radiol. 2018;91(1087):20170739.
21. Desai N, Harris, T. Extended focused assessment with sonography in trauma. BJA Educ. 2018;18(2):57-62.
22. Tinetti ME, Han L, Lee DSH, McAvay GJ, Peduzzi P, Gross CP, et al. Antihypertensive Medications and Serious Fall Injuries in a Nationally Representative Sample of Older Adults. JAMA Internal Medicine. 2014;174(4):588-95.
23. Sato N, Cameron P, McLellan S, Beck B, Gabbe B. Association between anticoagulants and mortality and functional outcomes in older patients with major trauma. Emergency Medicine Journal. 2022;39(10):733.
24. Perkins GD GF, Slowther AM, et al. Do not attempt cardiopulmonary resuscitation decisions: an evidence synthesis. NIHR Journals Library. 2016.
25. Epperla N, Mazza JJ, Yale SH. A Review of Clinical Signs Related to Ecchymosis. WMJ 2015;114(2):61-5.
26. Douglas BM. Traumatic Brain Injury. In Curtis K & Ramsden C, Emergency & Trauma Care for nurses and paramedics. Sydney: Elseveir.2011.
27. Carpenter CR, Arendts G, Hullick C, Nagaraj G, Cooper Z, Burkett E. Major trauma in the older patient: Evolving trauma care beyond management of bumps and bruises. Emerg Med Australas. 2017;29(4):450-5.
28. Kassam F, Cheong AR, Evans D, Singhal A. What attributes define excellence in a trauma team? A qualitative study. Can J Surg. 2019;62(6):450-3.
29. Tavares JPA, Nunes L, Grácio JCG. Hospitalized older adult: predictors of functional decline. Rev Lat Am Enfermagem. 2021;29:e3399.
30. Chipman AM, Jenne C, Wu F, Kozar RA. Contemporary resuscitation of hemorrhagic shock: What will the future hold? Am J Surg. 2020;220(3):580-8.
32. Bar-Or D, Salottolo KM, Orlando A, Mains CW, Bourg P, Offner PJ. Association between a geriatric trauma resuscitation protocol using venous lactate measurements and early trauma surgeon involvement and mortality risk. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013;61(8):1358-64.
33. Upton L. What is the effect of age on wound healing in the acute trauma setting? A scoping review. Wound Practice and Research 28(3):115-126.